Thursday, September 16, 2010

9/16/2010 - Bangalore, The First Day

I officially made it to Bangalore.  The flight from Delhi was excellent.  The service on Jet Airways (Indian Airline) was superb.  They put me in an exit row and I think I had more space than the people flying business class.  I arrived at 9AM and then took an hour and half ride to my new home for the next 31 days.   The hotel is great.  Very nice staff, clean, spacious rooms, good food, and a trusty internet connection which is crucial nowadays.

I took a stroll over to the supermarket to stock up on some bottled water and other small snack items.  The walk over was adventurous.  Seems to me that there is a lot of unfinished construction, so finding a usable sidewalk was a bit of a challenge.  Most people seem to walk in the streets and given the way traffic moves around here ... it's kind of scary.   Lots of noise and dust too.  Getting used to all the horns will take some time. They don't use horns here the same way they are used in the US or in Chile. The horns are used as a way to notify others of 'driving intentions'.  Interesting to say the least. 

Anyway, here's a picture of me at a busy intersection.  The picture does not do justice to show the sheer amount of traffic.  Later I'll grab a couple short videos and post them.  Well tomorrow's a big day.  Going to IBM to meet some of the people I work with on a daily basis.  I'm really looking forward to it.  ~Dan
Dodging traffic to get a picture

No comments:

Post a Comment